rules of friends with benefits
Friends With Benefits Rules
So you’ve got yourself a friend with benefits? And now you’re wondering what are the rules of engagement?
We’ve put together a list of do’s and do not’s to ensure your friend with benefits is just that… and nothing more!
Rules of Friends with Benefits –The ‘DO’ List:
- Be respectful – don’t lose sight of common courtesies like saying thankyou and returning a phone call or text
- Be honest – going behind someone’s back isn’t cool, be honest and communicate up front
- Use protection – if it’s just a casual thing, don’t risk it, cover up to avoid unwanted pregnancy or STD’s
- Be prepared to communicate – a casual relationship still involves feelings, we’re all human. Communication can help keep a relationship casual if that’s what you want. Miscommunication and misunderstanding can end a casual relationship as quickly as it started.
- Adjust your expectations – we often have the same expectations in a casual relationship as we would in a committed relationship. Tone down your expectations based on the casual nature of your relationship.
- Be relaxed – be calm and take your time. Dropping the ‘m’ word during a casual fling can freak the other person out. Continue reading