friends with benefits rules for men
Friend with Benefits Rules
Many people are choosing to forgo traditional relationships and instead, choosing different types of partnerships. One of these pairings is known as a friends with benefits relationship.
Also known as a FWB relationship, when you are friends with benefits, you are friends with someone yet also have sex with them.
Though this might not seem like a good relationship for everyone, and it isn’t, some people really love the freedom that being friends with benefits gives them.
However, if you want to make sure it works as it is supposed to, you need to remember these friends with benefits rules:
1 – Be Clear About Your Intentions
It’s very important for a FWB relationship to work as it should that you lay out the law from day one. Most people get into these relationships because they don’t want to have to deal with things like commitment or dating drama.
It is important that you share your feelings about this with your partner and make sure they agree before you start. Continue reading
Friends With Benefits Rules
So you’ve got yourself a friend with benefits? And now you’re wondering what are the rules of engagement?
We’ve put together a list of do’s and do not’s to ensure your friend with benefits is just that… and nothing more!
Rules of Friends with Benefits –The ‘DO’ List:
- Be respectful – don’t lose sight of common courtesies like saying thankyou and returning a phone call or text
- Be honest – going behind someone’s back isn’t cool, be honest and communicate up front
- Use protection – if it’s just a casual thing, don’t risk it, cover up to avoid unwanted pregnancy or STD’s
- Be prepared to communicate – a casual relationship still involves feelings, we’re all human. Communication can help keep a relationship casual if that’s what you want. Miscommunication and misunderstanding can end a casual relationship as quickly as it started.
- Adjust your expectations – we often have the same expectations in a casual relationship as we would in a committed relationship. Tone down your expectations based on the casual nature of your relationship.
- Be relaxed – be calm and take your time. Dropping the ‘m’ word during a casual fling can freak the other person out. Continue reading